oh, hello there!

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Two Regency Dresses

This is Rebecca! She and her mum hired me to make Regency dresses for the Vintage Ball. I am very, very, very happy with how both of them turned out!
Becca's dress is loosely patterend of the Simplicity version of the Sense and Sensibility gown pattern. She picked out the ideal cotton print, which looks perfect on her! I modified the sleeves to be elbow-legnth, and used a false-button closure on the back. I trimmed it with white ribbon and little seed pearls around the neckline.

Below is unfortunately the only good picture I have of Mrs. B. in her dress. Again, I modified the S&S pattern, although this time I made it a drop-front gown. It crosses over underneath and closes with hooks and eyes, and then the "apron-front" part attatches with thread loops to some vintage wooden buttons I had in my stash. I'm quite pleased with it!


2 comments: