oh, hello there!

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Wishful Thinking

It's the middle of summer and roasting hot here in Virginia, but I'm already thinking about my lack of cold-weather 18th c. clothing, especially with the rumors circling at my house of a mid-December Williamsburg trip.



I patterned the cloak off the red wool one in Costume Close-Up, only mine is shorter. It's made out of wool with pinked cotton for the ties and the bow on the back of the hood!


I made this muff a few months ago and just never took pictures of it. It's made of thick blue wool and lined with cotton, with nice thick wool batting sandwiched between. I lined the edges with scraps of rabbit fur. The blue wool is actually the leftover scraps from a coat my great-grandmother made me when I was about two!



I'm still plugging away at the pet. I had a mid-1900's bathing suit to make and ship for a customer this month, so this project has kind of taken the back burner. I have attatched the sleeves and hemmed it, and pinned on the stomacher. It doesn't close here because my dress form is not remotely shaped like me when I am all stay-ed in. XD




Well, that's it for the time being! I hope to have pictures of that bathing suit up as soon as my customer gets it in the mail!


-Sarah

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sarah!! It was lovely meeting you today, glad you stuck around with me in "security" so we could chat. You looked great and I hope you had a lovely time today! I'm sure I'll see you around again! <3

    ReplyDelete