oh, hello there!

Friday, August 20, 2010

Courtney's Dress!

Courtney's dress is finally done, except for the hemming! Construction-wise, it's accurate, however, the gown material is 100% cotton, but the petticoat and the bows on the stomacher are synthetic. Her stays, which I'll get pics of later, are hand sewn with hand sewn eyelets and are made out of thick cotton. Her shift is muslin and is machine sewn and hand-finished. On her pocket, which I'll also get pics of later, I hand embroidered then finished up with the machine; the ties on it are grosgrain ribbon. Her petticoat is synthetic taffeta, and is totally hand sewn as well. The gown itself was hand finished, and I put the lining in by hand. The stomacher is totally handsewn and pins to the stays and gown... we might add hooks and eyes later. Overall, I'm really happy with how everything turned out!

4 comments:

  1. I love it! Of course, I'm partial 'cause I'm Sarah's mom. But I am so impressed. She didn't get this talent from me- I can't sew anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! and amazing. I wish you'd pursue this in college, but I know you're probably getting tons of advice from other family members, so I'll only type it here, & not call you & tell you in person....Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. :O Sarah you have such an amazing talent!!

    ReplyDelete